To be the leading agency overseeing the maritime sector in Vanuatu and to provide an effective regime conducive to:
- safety and security of ships, protection of the marine environment, ports regulation and welfare of seafarers.
- effective implementation of maritime safety standards
- effective coordination of maritime search and rescue operations
- prevent and control maritime pollution in Vanuatu waters
- good governance by adhering to the highest standards of integrity and efficiency in delivery of services for our stakeholders and to contribute to Vanuatu’s national economy.
To be recognized as a dynamic, efficient, proactive, and responsible Regulatory body.